Our Programs Provide For Multiple Age Level Experiences
To Accommodate All Campers from ages 6-13.
The groups of children ages 6-10, and children ages 11-13 will be following different tracks in the morning. For lunch, as well as the afternoon program, all children ages 6-13 will be together. A mini awards ceremony will be given at the conclusion of each day to celebrate individual and group accomplishments.
Daily Camp Schedule
8:30am – 4:30pm - Monday – Tuesday
8:30am – 8:00pm - Wednesday, concluding with an evening awards ceremony and celebration dinner.
Staff available for drop off at 8:00am and pick up at 5:00pm
WEEK 1: July 8th-10th
WEEK 2: July 15th-17th
WEEK 3: July 22nd-24th
WEEK 4: July 29th-July 31st
WEEK 5: August 5th-August 7th
WEEK 6: August 12th-August 14th
Morning Program – Science Made Fun
Geology, gemology, paleontology, astronomy, biology, earth science, and entomology all made fun, interactive, and memorable. Highlights include: finding diamonds, sluicing for fossils, creating jewelry, tumbling rocks, cracking geodes, instructing water shed modules, cray fishing, star gazing, grasshopper gravity activities and more….
Afternoon Program – A lot of Rock & Gem Mania
Athletic competition, face paintings, frisbee golf, chess, bocci, swimming, arts & crafts, nature walks, backpacking excursions, fly fishing, 4-square tournaments and more…
If you have any questions about the Rock, Gem & STEM Summer Camps,
please contact our corporate office at:
315-717-0175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Fees & Requirements
The fee for campers in our program is $175.00 per week. For families registering multiple children, there is a special value rate of $150.00 for each additional camper. Cash, check, or online submissions via PayPal are all acceptable forms of payment. Checks can be made payable to: Herkimer Diamond Mines, Inc.
A $100.00 non-refundable deposit is required with application. The balance is due by the morning of the first camp session your child is registered for. Prior to the start of camp, a health history form, camp menu, brief agenda, and additional camp information will be sent, either by email or by mail, to the parent or guardian of each camper. On the first morning of camp at our registration table, the remaining balance and a complete camper health history form must be provided to complete the registration process. *NOTE* - Camp capacity is 40 campers per week. Please try to submit your reservation as soon as possible. Your child will be considered registered when both this application and the $100.00 deposit are submitted. You will receive a confirmation email once your child is registered.RegistrationComplete and return the attached application along with your payment, or register and pay online.
Rock, Gem & STEM Camp Details
- Morning Program – Science made fun at the Herkimer Diamond Mines. Our morning educational program consists of traditional camp lessons involving geology, gemology, paleontology, biology, environmental studies, zoology, and entomology, while also branching out in new ways to incorporate STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) curriculum. The goal is to maximize the potential for interactive learning and fun through the exploration of scientific fields. Along with this, campers will have the opportunity to mine for the world famous Herkimer Diamonds every morning. Whatever they find is theirs to keep!
- Afternoon Program – Time to have some fun in the sun at the Herkimer KOA Resort! Our afternoon sessions consist of athletic competition, swimming, creek exploration, relay races, nature walks, arts & crafts, and much more. For morning modules, our younger campers (ages 6-9) will be following a different track from the older campers (ages 10-13) to accommodate for the wide variety of educational experience. However, all campers will be together for lunch and afternoon activities. A snack and mini awards ceremony will take place on Monday and Tuesday to conclude camp. For our extended Wednesday night, we will provide dinner, evening activities, and an awards ceremony.
- The Rock, Gem and STEM Staff – Our wonderful consists of trained counselors and CITs with specializations in geology, biology, environmental science, professional mining, robotics, lapidary artistry, and physical education. A Health Director and Water Safety Instructor are available, as well as a certified lifeguard(s) to ensure the safety of campers. The counselor-to-camper ratio is kept at 1 to 10, with capable CITs available to assist in all situations.
- Our Location – The camp will occupy the grounds of the Herkimer Diamond Mines and KOA Resort in Herkimer, New York, the site of the world famous Herkimer Diamonds and a strip of the majestic West Canada Creek. The campgrounds are located seven miles north of Herkimer on Route 28 in the Town of Newport. Our base of operations is our large event pavilion.
– The goal of our camp is to provide quality educational opportunities that are both unique and fun for our campers, while ensuring a safe environment and an affordable price. We place a strong emphasis on the exploration of scientific topics that are interactive in nature and serve as a stepping stone for children to grow a deeper and more meaningful interest in the STEM fields. We are also a camp that encourages risk taking and new learning experiences in an effort to enhance campers’ self-esteem. Our general hope is that your children’s experience with us is a memorable time in their lives that will benefit them as they grow into young adults.